Director of Children’s Ministries
First Presbyterian Church of Florence, SC
First Presbyterian Church is seeking a full-time Director of Children’s Ministries (DCM) to develop, administer, oversee and participate in an intentional,
well-planned and integrated Christian Education Program. This program will offer loving learning experiences that will help nurture and minister to children by helping them grow in faith to know Jesus, understand the basics of scripture, and what it means to be a disciple of Jesus. Knowing that Christian learning happens best with community, where supportive, caring relationships nurture faith development and growth, the DCM will coordinate with multiple leaders, covenant partners and ministry teams that work together to serve the FPC community.
We are seeking someone who:
- Loves Jesus and Scripture!
- Who is excited and has passion for the Gospel and to teach it to children.
- Looks forward to the future.
- Loves the Evangelical, Reformed faith; is excited about our denomination ECO.
- Loves to share in mission and vision to raise leaders.
- Desires to help grow children into maturing disciples.
- Desires to experiment and grow in life and ministry together.
Praise and Worship Leader
First Presbyterian Church is seeking a part-time Praise and Worship leader. The Praise Team leader is responsible for planning song lists for each Sunday’s contemporary worship service. He or she will hold weekly Wednesday night rehearsals. During which time the leader should be prepared to teach any new songs and rehearsing songs from existing song list. Rehearsals typically last one to one- and one-half hours. The leader should be aware if each team member’s strengths and weaknesses. The primary role of the leader is to encourage ALL team members to be involved in bringing people into worship during the service.
The ideal Praise and Worship Leader will:
- Have a deep and growing life of discipleship in Jesus Christ.
- Have a love for engaging the congregation in worship
- Be organized and able to plan ahead while maintaining flexibility
- Be able to function as part of a team that works together to serve the FPC community.