First Presbyterian Child Development Center is a ministry of The First Presbyterian Church. It is our desire to provide a safe Christian environment where young children are encouraged to grow and develop spiritually, emotionally, cognitively, socially and physically. We offer educational opportunities that enhance growth and development through hands-on, age appropriate activities and experiences. We strive to provide an atmosphere where parents can leave their children, knowing they will be loved and well taken care of in their absence. This ministry of First Presbyterian Church desires to minister to the needs of the whole child, regardless of race, ethnic or economic background.
SUMMER CAMPS FOR ENROLLED CHILDREN
Camp hours are 8:30 am-4:30 pm. Our center is open 7:00 am-6:00 pm.
Bumblebee Camp (Toddler I): Please dress your child in comfortable play clothes and bring sunscreen! Specific camp themes will highlight our summer along with “Fantastic” Friday Fun!
- June 5-8: Camp About: Camping Out? Learn what it’s all about complete with nature hikes, camp crafts and more.
- June 19-22: Going Buggy: Discover the world of bugs through movement and play. Lots of fun buggy crafts, bug activities and bug fun!
- July 10-13: Ocean Camp: Water, water everywhere! Bring your bathing suits!
- July 24-27: Take Me Out to The Zoo: What animals live at the zoo? Can you walk like an elephant? Fun zoo crafts and zoo books.
- August 7-10: Aloha Hawaii Camp: Let’s taste some Hawaiian fruits. Fun Hawaiian crafts!
Our three oldest preschool classes will all participate in the same themed camps. Campers should wear comfortable play clothes, a hat and sunscreen are recommended
Camp Wan-Na-Go (2K-B Class)
Camp Firefly (2K-A Class)
Cannonball Camp (3/4 Class)
- June 5-16: Camp About: Camping Out? Learn what it’s all about complete with nature hikes, campfire songs, crafts, S’mores and more.
- June 19-30: Commotion in the Ocean: Dive deep into the ocean and take a closer look at what lives under the water. Fun ocean crafts, books and more.
- July 10-14: Under the Big Top: Step right up to the greatest show on earth! Campers will stretch their imaginations with circus acts, taming wild animals carnival games.
- July 17-21: Vacation Bible School (First Presbyterian Church)
- July 24-28: Music Camp: featuring a session a preschool music followed by a music craft time. Children will find their singing voices and practice rhythm techniques.
- July 31-August 11: Green Thumb Gardening: Prepare to get dirty! Learn what grows in the garden and taste some fresh veggies. fun garden crafts!
7:00 AM-6:00 PM
Tuition is $135.00 a week and is due on Mondays for that week of care.
Ages 6 weeks-4K
*There is a $150.00 nonrefundable registration fee due each year.
We offer preschool classes for children who are 2 1/2 years through 4K at no additional charge. We use the Creative Curriculum Series, which is hands on, age appropriate learning. Weekly Bible classes, preschool music, art and Spanish are taught by our childcare staff, church staff and approved volunteers. We believe that children learn by doing, and we offer many opportunities for children to learn and grow.
Priority for enrollment as space becomes available is in the following order:
- Children of parents who are active members of The First Presbyterian Church, Florence, SC.
- Children, who have siblings who are currently enrolled at our center.
- Children of First Presbyterian Childcare Center Staff.
- All other eligible community children.
First Presbyterian Child Development Center has a waiting list for all future openings. Being on the list does not guarantee space when needed but serves to give priority to people wanting space in the order they are put on the list. As space becomes available in the age group needed, people on the list are contacted. Waiting List Form
Our staff members are a combined group of trained early childhood educators, with a variety of early childhood development degrees, education and experience. All staff members undergo SLED and fingerprint background checks and are trained in CPR/First Aid.
LICENSED & REGISTERED
The First Presbyterian Child Development Center is licensed with the South Carolina Childcare Licensing Agency and adheres to all regulations and polices of such.
We are a faith-based center which allows us the right to freely operate using Christian principles and doctrine.
We have security cameras in all classrooms and halls. All exterior doors remain secured and locked. Parents have a secure access card.
Children, ages one and up are served lunch every day. They are offered snack each day about mid-morning and again after nap time.
For more information, please contact Beth Hepler, Child Development Center Director at 843-799-1263 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Register Now for ArtSmart Camp! Click Here
July 24-28, 9:00 AM-2:00 PM
Completed 1st-4th Grades
Register by June 15th