To be a community of believers… Growing Upward…worshipping and praising God, Growing Inward … becoming more like Christ, Growing Outward … sharing the good news.
First Presbyterian Church is a Christ-centered church committed to proclaiming the gospel of salvation in Jesus Christ so that people may come to a personal faith in Him, through the power of the Holy Spirit, discipling one another in that faith, and reaching out with God’s love to all.
Our Core Values
Guided by the Gospel, true to the Reformed and Evangelical traditions of the Church, and committed to discerning and fulfilling God’s purpose for us, we base our ministry on these core values:
- Christ-Centered: We believe that Jesus Christ alone is Lord of all and the only way to salvation (John 14:6). Therefore, all that we do will be in joyful response to what God the Father has done in sending Him to be our Lord and Savior.
- Authority of Scripture: We believe that all Scripture is divinely inspired and serves as the final authority in all matters of belief and behavior (2 Timothy 3:16). Therefore, Bible‐ based preaching and teaching will be the foundation of all our ministries.
- Worship: We believe that we are created by God to worship Him and that glorifying God is the ultimate reason for our existence (John 4:23,24). Therefore, we will praise and worship Him passionately—as individuals, as families and as a church.
- Evangelism: We believe that God has called believers to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:19,20). Therefore, we will reach out in word and deed to those near and far so that others will know the transforming love of Christ.
- Service: We believe that God cares about the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of every person and that all Christians are called to minister to others (Ephesians 2:10). Therefore, we will equip our members to serve rather than to be served.
- Discipleship: We believe that all Christians are called to pursue a growing personal relationship with Christ and to become more Christ-like in their beliefs and conduct (Ephesians 4:13). Therefore, we will provide opportunities for our members to mature in their faith through worship, prayer, study, and fellowship.
- Fellowship: We believe that God instructs Christians to cultivate loving relationships as a covenant community of believers (Romans 12:10). Therefore, we will reach out to, invest in and enjoy each other so we can grow together as part of God’s family.