May 27, 2020
“But since we were torn away from you, brothers and sisters, for a short time,
in person not in heart, we endeavored the more eagerly and with great desire
to see you face to face”
– I Thess. 2:17
Dear Church Family,
We miss you!! This is an unusual season that we are in, and we trust the Lord is working in your life. We recognize that amidst the challenges there are also opportunities to do things in fresh ways—such as the Blessing of the Graduates service, online testimonies and prayer meetings.
In terms of our corporate worship together, we have put much prayer, thought, and even consulted with other congregations and medical professionals about what would be appropriate steps in moving towards gathering again for public worship. At the forefront of our minds is how to glorify God and show love to others. We are acutely aware that some of us are at-risk, and advocate a “don’t rush it” approach; others we know are both comfortable and eager to join together with precautions in place and ask, “If we can go out to eat, why prohibit us from worshiping Jesus?”
As such, here is our next step beginning on Sunday, June 14, 2020 at 10am:
- Online worship will continue. We will keep (or improve) streaming services and the online bulletin.
- If you are at risk, we love you so much that we request that you stay at home. We desire that this time be an opportunity for flexibility and understanding – for grace and not for guilt.
- We will begin to gather in the Sanctuary with social distancing in place, except with your own family. We will skip every other pew, which ensures a 6.5 foot social distance.
- Ushers will both help you find a seat as well as dismiss pews row by row (similar to a wedding service).
- The Sanctuary will seat about 100, with no more than 9 people in a row, for 15 pews.
- Overflow seating will be in the Fellowship Hall, as the CLC floor is being renovated. Again, ushers will assist in seating and dismissing.
- We encourage that you wear a mask for other people’s protection, and so that those who feel it is necessary will feel less awkward among God’s people.
- There will be no congregational singing since this spreads the virus easily, yet there will be soloists in the choir loft. We will join together in reciting prayers and the Creed.
- There will be no Bibles or hymnals; please use your phone to access them online.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be placed at the doors.
- Offering plates will be located at the doors.
- There will be no coffee or refreshments.
- No children’s church, Sunday school, or nursery will be available.
- The children’s message will continue online – not in person.
- Please reserve the restrooms for urgent situations.
It would be helpful to us if you promptly let the office know whether or not you may attend, so that we can have a rough estimate to help us plan (843-662-2583/ ). No one can anticipate every scenario, and so we expect that there will be bumps that will be smoothed out as the weeks go by. We ask for your flexibility and grace. We are attempting to minimize risk, while making the opportunity available for you to make your own decision.
“I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. It is right for me to feel this way about you all, because I hold you in my heart, for you are all partakers with me of grace, both in my imprisonment and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel. For God is my witness, how I yearn for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus. And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.” (Philippians 1:3-11)
On behalf of the Worship Unit and Session,